After completing a STEEP scan on my workplace, I have come up with the following:
- Social – our school library needs small group / tutorial room type facilities where small groups can work together without disrupting others in the library. Ideally this room would also include power points for students to be able to plug in their technology.
- Technological – continue moving towards BYOD, pursue touch screen computers for the library catalogue, utilize iPads more effectively and become involved in e-books and e-audiobooks.
- Environmental – try to minimise paper wastage, especially from the photocopier/printer. Redirect books removed from the collection to a useful alternative.
- Economic – maintain fiscal prudence, cease subscriptions for unread magazines
- Political – work to promote a higher profile in the school community, build alliances with classroom teachers eg. Premier’s Reading Challenge.